Owen: “Mommy, don’t go too fast… OK”
Me: “Okay Owen, mommy is going the speed limit”
Owen: “Turn those things on so the windshield gets clean”
Me: “Owen, those things are called the wipers” (it was raining/drizzling and yes, I turned them on at his request)
Owen: “Slow down mommy” (I’m rolling at a fast speed of 15 mph due to traffic)
Me: “Mommy is being very safe”
Owen: “If those cars in front of you would move, you could go faster”
Me: “Owen, be sure daddy drives with both hands on the wheel like this….” (me only hoping when Erik drives the kids, he gets the constant reminders of how to drive).
The very next day - Erik, Owen, & Cammie stand in the driveway with smiles across their face as I get in the car to leave. In case I forgot what I was doing from the day before (when Owen was in the car with me) - from the driveway, conversation goes like this....
Me: "Bye bye, mommy loves you."
Owen: "Kisses mommy, one more kiss" as he runs up to the car window. He pulls away and says "now mommy, be sure to roll that window back up before you drive away."
Me: "Okay, Owen... window will go up." He stands next to daddy and waves.
Owen: "Mom, you need to turn your lights on before you back up." I just smiled and turned on the lights (although it was only 6:30pm and sunny. "Thanks mom, be safe."
Gotta love the 3’s
Cammie is Owen's passenger and she is "swinging" from the handle (in a bathing suit and holding her milk)!

No comments:
Post a Comment