Our sweet Cammie is so ready to grow up! At 17 months, she has completely amazed us in many ways. It started this past Thursday when I picked her up from preschool. Her teachers commented verbally and with a note in her bag "Cammie let us know when she needed her diaper changed/used the bathroom". Over the past few weeks, when Owen would announce that he needs to "pee" or "use the potty", Cammie would stop what she was doing and run as fast as she could to the bathroom... almost beating Owen to the toilet. There she would stand (giving Owen no privacy) to watch her brother use the bathroom.
This afternoon, Cammie woke up from her nap before Owen. As we played downstairs, I said "Cammie, let's change your diaper... you went potty". Potty being the key word, off she ran. I followed her to find her standing at the toilet. I thought for a minute and said "sure I can play this little game with you". I took off her diaper and sat her on the big potty (with a tiny elmo potty topper). She expressed her very shy facial expression with a slight smile and seemed so excited to be sitting on the big potty like her brother. Of course nothing happened, her diaper was already wet and she had not drank anything since being awake. Off the potty she goes, minus her diaper and pants.
I grab the small potty we have and brought it in the living room for her to sit on and explore the potty. There she sat, diaperless and happy. I went to get a diaper and returned to Cammie still sitting on the potty. I happened to glance in the potty as she sat and quickly had to look twice. I couldn't believe it... SHE WENT PEE PEE! I was so excited, we celebrated and pointed at the pee pee and then sent it down the toilet. Cammie showed no interest in wearing her diaper and knowing she just used the bathroom, I let her be naked. On the potty, off the potty, pushed the potty, back on the potty, etc.
Owen wakes up from his nap and I leave Cammie (and the potty) downstairs as I run up to get Owen. We go downstairs and as I'm telling Owen the big news about his little sister, we walk over to Cammie and the potty, I look down and I couldn't believe it... SHE WENT POO POO! While I was excited and praised her, she looked so confused and a little scared. After putting a diaper on her, she stood up and took of running. Where you ask? To the bathroom of course. She drags the little stool over to the sink, climbs up and patiently waits for me to come wash her hands.
We aren't sure where this will take us. But we are so proud of our little Camden and this is a day we will remember!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment