It's been 2 1/2 weeks since Owen & Cammie say goodbye to their preschool friends. I never realized how much I needed those 3 1/2 hours, twice a week! I do wake every morning and thank God for these two beautiful children. They are my life and world and yes, everything revolves around them. I'm exhausted at the end of most days but I am cherishing every moment with them.
I can't even begin to mention all the changes and funny things these two kids say during my time with them. There is nothing sweeter than Owen sitting next to me in the chair at 6:30am (I'm drinking coffee and wondering why he is out of his room this early) and looking up at me as I look down my shoulder/arm, "mommy, I love you". Just hearing those words from the mouth of our 3 1/2 year old, melts my heart every time. It changes everything, no matter the mood - Owen makes it better.

He is such an amazing big brother, my sensitive little man. He really cares for Camden and does his best to play with her and teach her, he is learning to have patience. As we all know, this is a learning process! He is improving everyday in the swimming pool - yes, everyday (that's what my life consist of these summer days, pool most mornings before lunch for at least 30 minutes). He now jumps in the water without holding your hands and will glide to you from the stairs - as he encourages you to move way back in the pool so he can attempt to swim to you. Do you have any idea the huge stride that has been taken - he encourages us. WOW!

Cammie is in a league of her own. She does her own swimming, kicking and using her arms. She doesn't sink "row row row your boat" as we have been teaching in swim lessons but she prefers to say "right, left, right, left" as Owen has been taught in swim lessons. She jumps in by herself (which is great and nerve-racking) but hasn't mastered the skill swimming. She gets an A+ for effort and I'm very confident, she will be swimming by the summer. This little 2 year old will "dive" (okay, she'll lay on her belly with her eyes/head under water) for a water toy on the 2nd step in the pool. I let her go, standing very close but I always give her plenty of time to pull herself back up. It never fails, if I make an attempt to help her, she comes up and says "no mommy, get back". Little Miss Independent explains her personality. She likes to wrestle, run around without her shirt on, putting dresses on her is complete torture for her and me, although she loves her new hairstyle "pigtails"!
There will be plenty more post this summer with a Kohlenstein/Markley vacation at the beach, Aunt Kimmie/Angelina/Gabriella's visit, and a trip to Poconos with Uncle Joe/Aunt Nancy. During all of this, I am training for the VA Beach Half Marathon!
Let the fun begin!
* Pool mentioned in above post is referencing a "big" pool... not the cheap little baby pool that I put in the backyard at random moments for play!
No comments:
Post a Comment