Christmas with Owen & Camden was such a treat this year! They learned about baby Jesus and the reason we celebrate Christmas. They were so excited knowing that when they opened their eyes Christmas morning, Santa would have come to our house to eat the cookies, drink the milk, stuff the stockings, and lay presents under the tree.
I woke early and came downstairs to turn on the lights and get the camera ready to capture moments of the morning. Then I hear little feet coming down the stairs - it was Owen! I ran up the stairs and noticed that he climbed over the gate that stands at his bedroom door (that is a first).
"Merry Christmas, Owen". His response, "mom, I need to go downstairs". He was so excited and I'm trying to explain to a 4 year old, knowing what's under the tree, that we have to wake up daddy AND wait for Cammie to get out of bed. The Cammie waking up happened shortly after but trying to wake daddy from a deep sleep, was a little tougher and Owen's patience were tested. No time was really lost, we were downstairs and buried under wrapping paper by 7:30am and completely finished by 8am - this 4 & 2 1/2 year old moved very fast!
Bubba, Grandpa, Uncle Greg, Aunt Jaime, and baby Austin stopped by for breakfast. We then headed to Uncle Rich & Aunt Kathy's house to exchange presents with cousins Conor & Aschton. So much fun playing for a short hour. Then it was back to Bubba's house for dinner. Christmas was completed when the snow started falling (something that has only happened on this special day, 11 times in the past 150 years) - amazing and beautiful.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment