Another solo road trip for mom – up to New Jersey! Doug & Maria had a celebration which invited baby Gemma Rose into the Christian community. I had the very special honor of reading at the Baptism. It made for some good laughs Saturday night with my attempt of perfecting the words “Ezekiel” and “observances” – I’m pretty sure I had everyone convinced I would not be able to pull this off. Of course I perfected the reading and it was perfect.
Gemma Rose is just perfect.
A Reading from the Book of the Prophet Ezekiel: Then I am going to take you from among the nations and gather you together from all the foreign countries, and bring you home to your own land. I shall pour clean water over you and you will be cleansed; I shall cleanse you of all your defilement and all your idols. I shall give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you; I shall remove the heart of stone from your bodies and give you a heart of flesh instead. I shall put my spirit in you, and make you keep my laws and sincerely respect my observances. You will live in the land which I gave your ancestors. You shall be my people and I will be your God.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment