It seems like forever since I last visited our blog! I do believe an update is in order, however this will be very random and in so special order...
On April 2nd - Erik & I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. What a journey this relationship has been - from tons of notes in our high school locker, years of distance and not talking, which led to 7 years of dating (3 years being long distance), resulting in 6 years of marriage and 2 very beautiful and healthy children. It's been a journey and a great 13 years!
I am training for my 3rd half marathon. Why? I have no idea, I guess because Kim (my sister) asked me to join her in the Pittsburgh Half. Erik and kids have been so supportive of this new hobby, I guess you can call it that? Owen has been known to "stretch his quads" during preschool class, at least that is what he told his teachers when they asked what he was doing one day. The other morning, Owen & Cammie were playing in our bathroom as I was downstairs. When I walked in the room, Owen was dressed in my pink tank top - he looked at me as he ran obnoxiously in place "mom, I'm running a half marathon". Oh my and then here comes Cammie out of the closet - dressed in my black tshirt and jumping up and down "me tooooo, I'm running a half marathon too". The family also offers words of encouragement one morning as I head out to run 3 miles: Cammie says "now mommy don't trip again" - Owen says "be careful" - Erik says "good luck". Love my family as they provide support after a bad trip during my last long run. No worries, knees heeled fine but Cammie still ask to see my boo boos.
You know what I love about Owen & Cammie - they really are best friends and they play great together (when they want too and only when it's convenient for them). They love to play "baby". This goes down so many different ways. Owen is the baby, Cammie is the mommy or Cammie is the baby, Owen is the daddy. Sometimes I find them both in Cammie's pajamas - Owen wears a size 6 in pj's but somehow manages to get a size 3 on his body and then the play begins. They cover each other up, climb in the crib, talk in a very annoying baby voice to each other which ends not making any sense and more of a babble. The one constant thing during this "baby" playtime is me. Here is how it goes down - Owen says to Cammie "hey baby, go give your milk cup to grandma." WHAT? Did I just hear this correct - I'm a grandma to this little game.
God - we talk about him frequently in our house... before meals, before bedtime, randomly singing songs, or sometimes mommy just needs to pray to God. I'm in my closet trying to take "a moment" (aka - get away from the kids while I get dress) and I said aloud "God, please give me patience....." and then I hear Owen say to Cammie "shhh, mommy is talking to God but he knows we are the nicest kids."
17 years ago

1 comment:
Dear Steph , Eric and kids, Just wanted to say Happy Easter to your sweet family. I applaud you Steph for your running. The kids are growing and beautiful as ever. I miss those years. Jared was 29 yesterday and I can't imagine where time has gone. Please give Chris a call and go over to see his house. I know he would love to see the family. I want to come to see you the next time I come down. I do hope to see you at Annie's graduation. I hope you have a blessed Holiday. XOXO, Aunt Deb
Post a Comment