It’s
finally here – Owen’s First Day of Kindergarten. I don’t whether to smile or cry… I’m thinking
the latter.
He’s so
grown up, 5 years 9 months old and he is like a little man. He walked down the hall on his first day of
school with his daddy, mom, and sissy following behind him. He held his head up high, never looked backed
at us to be sure we behind him. He
unpacked his backpack and hung it on the hook (which was very exciting for him,
made me smile) and then he gave me a hug goodbye. It was the hug that his daddy gave him that
set him over the edge and brought him to tears.
Erik picked him up, Owen wrapped his legs around daddy’s waist and they
embraced in the biggest hug I’ve ever seen.
Heck, I felt the tears run down my face.
Owen walked back to me with tears in his eyes and held on tights. I told him it was going to be a great day…
You know, IT WAS! He loved it, his
teacher (Ms. Hippert) is great. Day one
down, so far we are pleased with Berewick Elementary - Go Bobcats!
Back at the house, Cammie played quietly… and I mean it was quiet! She was playing so quietly because I discovered she emptied her dresser into these baskets. Per Cammie “mom, I don’t want to use my dresser anymore. I like all my things separated in these baskets.” Um, okay and how do we enter the room daily – she placed all the baskets at her door… basically we have to step on the underwear basket to get in her room. For the moment, it stays. Makes me smile and it certainly makes her smile, she’s very proud of her organizational skills.





No comments:
Post a Comment