The Kohlenstein household has been busy! Owen is counting to 20 and singing his ABC's. He is super independent and wants to do EVERYTHING himself. We are working on his frustration, he gets frustrated. Owen doesn't like messes, food on his fingers, and he certainly does not want you to take the cap off the milk gallon or put it back on and definitely don't try to turn his milk cup lid... he WILL do it!
We are currently trying to conquer the skill of using the big boy potty. I get a call from Owen one afternoon and he tells me "mommy, pee pee in potty"... okay, well I'm not sure if those are the words he actually said but those are the words Regina was telling him to say. Can you believe it? Has the time finally come when our little Owen, only 2 1/2 years old, is using the potty? Do you understand what this means? NO MORE DIAPERS! Wait, no more diapers for two children. My first thought, when will he start pooping in the potty so we don't have to change his diapers from breakfast, lunch, and dinner (which are usually the same meals we are eating). My second thought, $$$$ saved. Woo Hoo! The pressure is on (not on Owen but on us to see if we can keep up the training). I pick Owen up from Regina's and he used the potty not once, not twice, but THREE times! Mom is on duty at home. What do I do? I don't know how to potty train
a boy or a child for that matter. First night at home, Owen is sitting on the potty before bath, patiently trying to pee pee. Camden standing and holding on the side of the tub and then in one quick motion, she steps towards the toilet and misses her reach. Over she falls, hitting her head on the side of the toilet. Ouch, she screams and then Owen screams. Owen is suppose to be using the potty and everyone is crying. Camden's eye is bruised but don't worry... it's not the first bruise and she recovered in 15 seconds as usual. The next morning, we wake up and tried big boy underwear. Yes, a bit early but I wanted Owen to experience not wearing a diaper. Making breakfast, kids are playing, I forgot to see if he needed to use the potty. Oops, Owen is crying as he has peed on the floor and himself. Uh, how do I clean this up? I carry him to a dry spot (why, I don't know?) and looked over to find Camden crawling in the wet mess. AHHHH! Once we got past these few moments, Owen is doing great! Getting cacka (poo) in the toilet and not in the diaper is a different task for a later date. Mission almost accomplished! Owen's biggest "prize" for learning to use the potty is to "get in mommy/daddy's car"
We are currently trying to conquer the skill of using the big boy potty. I get a call from Owen one afternoon and he tells me "mommy, pee pee in potty"... okay, well I'm not sure if those are the words he actually said but those are the words Regina was telling him to say. Can you believe it? Has the time finally come when our little Owen, only 2 1/2 years old, is using the potty? Do you understand what this means? NO MORE DIAPERS! Wait, no more diapers for two children. My first thought, when will he start pooping in the potty so we don't have to change his diapers from breakfast, lunch, and dinner (which are usually the same meals we are eating). My second thought, $$$$ saved. Woo Hoo! The pressure is on (not on Owen but on us to see if we can keep up the training). I pick Owen up from Regina's and he used the potty not once, not twice, but THREE times! Mom is on duty at home. What do I do? I don't know how to potty train
"People". Where are the airplane going Owen: "Airport". He is so cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment