a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

September 27, 2009

Preschool

Summer has come to an end and our fall schedule is jammed pack. Owen & Camden both started preschool at St John's Preschool. Owen is in the T/TH 2's class with Miss Phyllis & Miss Kellie. Camden is down the hall in the T/TH Toddler class with Miss Allison & Miss Laura. Every Tuesday & Thursday from 9:15am - 1pm, they get the pleasure of having four hours of organized play, art, music, lunch, etc. They are both falling in love with school. That didn't come easy, as the first few weeks were lots of tears as mommy passed them over the teacher. However, the tears lasted a few minutes and they both quickly adapted to their classrooms, teachers, and new friends.

One afternoon after preschool, on a day that Owen decided NOT to nap. We were in the kitchen and he very quietly and in a teacher tone insisted that I do prayer hands. After asking him to show me, he said "like this mommy... clap your hands together, like this. Folder your fingers together, like this." The words that followed were so sweet and innocent. "God our Father.... thank you for blessing... I love you... now let's eat". The prayer was so scattered that I wasn't clear what prayer he was saying, but I knew this was a prayer being said at preschool before snack/lunch. After emailing Miss Phyllis, I now know the prayer they have been signing at school “God our Father, God our Father. Once again, once again. We thank you for this blessing; we thank you for this blessing. Amen, amen.” It doesn't get any cuter than this!

No comments: