A scene one morning in the Kohlenstein house... on a Tuesday to be exact. We are ready for preschool and have about 20 minutes before we need to leave. Owen insist on the playroom so I figure it is a good time to let them play and for me to try and watch the news.
O: Cammie, no no. No turn off the t.v.
C: smiles and turns off the t.v. (button on the bottom of the t.v. that she pushes)
O: Gets up and stomps over the t.v. "Cammie, I said no no. Do NOT turn off the t.v. If you do it again, you will go to TIME OUT"
C: Ignores her brother, smiles, and as soon as he walks away from turning the t.v. back on... she turns if off. Each time he is already across the room, sitting next to me on the floor as I sit in silence and drink my cold coffee (I can't remember the last time I have drank hot coffee at home).
O: CAMMMIE, stop touching the t.v. Mom is trying to watch the news. Please do not turn the t.v. off.
She never stopped, I never said a word, barely heard the news as much as the t.v. was turned on and off. Time for Preschool... Let's go. WHEW!
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment