a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

December 17, 2009

What is Owen Saying at 3?

Owen turned 3 years old in November and his vocabulary and understanding of words is amazing to us.  He never misses a bit and it only takes him hearing something one time and it will come back out of his mouth! 

See examples below....



Owen from the backseat of the car, "mommy, I think Cammie just told you no".  Owen to Cammie sitting next to him in the car, "Cam, you WILL need to go to time out for telling mommy no".

Owen sitting on the floor with his legs crossed reading a book, "I'm going to need some peace and quiet".

Owen sitting on Santa's lap, "I want 2 chapsticks for Christmas".  A few days later, "I actually want 5".  We will remind him of this when he's 13 years old.

"Mommy, look over behind your back.  I think that clock says 7 o'clock."  Owen telling me it's time to get out of bed.  On the mornings he wakes up between 6am-7am and I want him to stay in bed (I go lay with him).

Owen standing straight up looking at me in the eyes, "now, take a deep breath.... ".  You can see his chest rise as he inhales.  This is commonly said by mommy and daddy when we want him to relax.

"Cammie, look at me when I'm talking to you."

"She's a little fire station, isn't she".  Owen says referencing Cammie... he meant to say "firecracker".

"She's a little picnic, isn't she".  Owen says minutes later after calling Cammie a fire station... he meant to say "pickle".

"I was TALKING to daddy."  Owen says to mommy as I turn to look at him from the front seat.
"That's meep meep!".  His nickname for Brock (thank you daddy)
"And that's gobow!".  His nackname for Joey (thank you daddy)
            Brock & Joey are the family dogs for those that don't know

No comments: