One afternoon during playtime, I noticed Owen & Cammie wondered out of the family room. Our house is pretty childproof, so I don't get too concerned when they play in other rooms. Except that Owen now likes to "use" the bathroom alone which results in half the roll of toilet paper in the toilet or on the fllor. In any case, after a few minutes I started a quick search thinking they were playing the in guest bedroom. NOPE... I found Owen & Cammie in the hall linen closet. You should know, this is not a large walk in closet. It literally has 5 shelves full of towels and sheets.
I asked what they are doing and Owen said "riding in the elegator, now shut the door we are going up". Then minutes later I find Owen using the bathroom and ask where is sissy, he says "in the elegator waiting for me so we can do down".
There is definitely reason for this silliness. When we visit daddy at work (Hilton Garden Inn), they get special rides on the elevator with daddy. Anytime Owen has to use the potty, Erik usually takes him upstairs (more for the ride in the elevator as Owen enjoys it so much)... I am guessing this is why he went in the closet/elevator to go "up" to use the potty and then he had to come back down.
After the excitement of learning we have an "elegator in our house", I managed to set off the alarm today. As Owen & Cammie watched the recycle truck out the front window, I decided to check the mail and bring the bins inside as they watched me. I left the house, walked to the mailbox, and turned to wave to the kids when all of a sudden I heard an extremely loud alarm. OOPS! I had the house alarm set today as we played inside all day. I ran through the front door and followed Owen as he ran to alarm box - as if he knows how to disable. I quickly turned the alarm off and looked in the eyes of these two precious kids that had no idea what just happened (other than Owen knew it was the alarm). It's quiet, ahhhhh... what a nice sound.
"HELLO CPI SECURITY" the nice lady says over the speaker. "Please identify yourself".... "Password please"... "Is everything okay, are you secure, do you need me to send the cops, etc". I responded with all the correct answers (good thing I knew my name and the password, which prompted me to remind Erik of our password)... no cops needed of course, just a mom that forget she set the alarm and went running out the door.
A few minutes later as me and the little ones are sitting in the kitchen, Owen keeps looking up at the box and saying "no, thank you we dont need the cops and no we don't need any lunch or money. I set the alarm but thank you. No money, no dinner either...." He was playing with a toy and randomly would look over his shoulder to talk to the lady, who of course is no longer there. I just smiled and let him do his thing but I can't help but wonder why is he telling her we need no money or that we don't need lunch or dinner? When during my 30 second conversation with her did we discuss any of those things? An imagination he has!
They are certainly doing the funniest things these days.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment