a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

January 11, 2010

Cammie and Her Words & Actions

Have you ever wondered what a 20 month old says on a daily basis?  I can't speak for other children but I can certainly speak for our little Camden Rose.  It is safe to say, she takes after her mother and has Fanella in her blood.  While she isn't speaking in sentences or even close, she'll randomly put two words together, and is extremely persistant at pointing and letting you know exactly what she wants.

Just a few words that come to mind - moma, mommy, mom (all of these in different tones as she sits in her crib after nap calling for me to come and get her), dada, daddy, O, blankie, no no, yes, bubbles, baby, diaper, milk, water, spoon, bowl, jojo (for Joey our dog), brock (for the other dog, which sounds more like braaa), nose, eye, ear, hair, bebo, boobie (and she can't point to every body part), potty, peepee, hot, mine (which is a frequently used word), move, booboo (for ouchie), please, and thank you (although we need to work on the frequent use of these words).  She is pretty much at the point of attempting to repeat anything she hears!

Have you ever wondered what a 20 month can do?  Camden manages to climb on anything that has enough of a ledge to pull herself up!  She climbs on the kitchen island and table, she climbs on the back of the couch and end tables, she climbs on the bathroom sinks (yes, her little toes wrap around the cabinet knobs and she pulls herself up), and the most recent climbing adventure would be her dresser.

You heard that correctly, her dresser.  One morning the kids played in Cammie's room as I was cleaning up elsewhere in the house.  I heard several noises which sounded like books being thrown on the floor I went to take a peek only to find Owen & Cammie sitting on her dresser on the changing pad.  Hand sanitizer covered Owen's pants and the dresser (not a lot, but enough for me to know it was there), diapers all over the floor, and two children sitting on the dresser cracking up.  I asked Owen how Cammie got on the dresser and his response "she climbed on the drawer mom".  His cute tone of voice was a bit shocking, it was as if I should have known how she got on the dresser.  Really Owen, the dresser has 3 drawers and only the bottom one was cracked a tiny bit.... I guess she used her toes and the knobs to work her way up to sit with her big brother that climbed first.

One morning I saw her walk upstairs.  I gave her some time and then I heard noises from above which meant she was in our bathroom.  I go upstairs to find Cammie standing on the bathroom tub leaning over the counter with the water running in Erik's sink... her new babies head is under the faucet and she is rubbing the head with her hand.  Is she really washing the babies hair with hot water?  I get her and we return downstairs with Owen. 

About 30 minutes later, both Owen & Cammie venture upstairs.  I wait and listen... yep, it's the sound of noise in our bathroom.  As I'm walking up the stairs, Owen comes running down the hall "mom, come quick... Cammie's giving her baby a bath in the sink!"  I smiled and walked in the bathroom to find her new baby soaked (head, clothes, and body).  The eyes are stuck shut and after getting them dry, half her cute little eye lashes fell out.  So much for the new cute baby... they still play with her just don't look too closely at her left eye when you're over visiting!

A few days later, as Owen & I sit downstairs eating breakfast, we hear a knocking upstairs.  I immediately stop and say "I know Cammie is not knocking on the door".  Seriously, did my little princess climb out of her crib and knock on the door (although she knows how to open)?  The only reason this comes to my mind is because she knows Owen knocks on the door (a lot).  I open her door slowly to find her standing in her crib (whew) and knocking on the wall (which happens to be my closet on the other side).  She is knocking ands aying "mama, mama, mooommm".  She turned to me and just smiled.  My heart melted!

Can I get a nannycam for my house?  Is it considered more of a mommycam... either way, these two monkeys need a camera on them at all times.

No comments: