If you have ever wondered what happens in the life of a stay-at-home mom, let me tell share a few things that happen when you stay home with your children and daddy works.
You can see from previous post that Owen & Camden are little handfuls and LOVE to play and get into everything! It's okay... it's what children do :)
These few "situations" had not much to do with the children but more about how a mom, at home, needed to react very quickly.
On day, close to 5pm, I was loading the washer machine with clothes. Typically, Owen & Cammie don't follow me in the laundry room but if they do, it's okay. All three of us, standing in front of the washer (they love tossing clothes in and pushing the buttons), Owen decides to shut the laundry room door! I can't remember a time when he has ever shut the door and we always leave the door open. You would think this isn't a big deal, however a few weeks prior the lever on the inside of the door had come loose. Erik took it and stuck it in the kitchen door - why, I'm not sure. I look up, the door is shut, and the lever is missing.
Instead of reacting, I actually smiled and said "you have to be kidding me". No, I did not have any type of object that would help me open the door and no, I did not have my phone with me to call a neighbor. Luckily the laundry room is on the first floor with a window. I looked at my two little ones and said "mommy's going out the window". Owen probably thought I was crazy and I actually felt crazy. It was uncomfortable but I managed to wiggle out the window and get back in the house. I immediately grabbed the lever from the drawer before I entered the laundry room again. Good times!
17 years ago

1 comment:
That's great! I knew Erik was never a qualified handyman...and how did he manage to run a hotel for all those years???
Great story - tell him I said what up!
Post a Comment