a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

March 7, 2010

Random Moments with Small Children

Has it really been a month since I posted last!  That is sign of how busy the Kohlenstein family has been over the past month.  I've been spending A LOT of time with kids as Erik has been very busy with work.  Any energy I have left goes into Qivana and sharing our new Metaboliq System - which is amazing (love loosing inches off my waist)!  Check it out - www.myqivana.com/kohlenstein.  Now that I plugged my business... let me share some of the latest and greatest.

Owen and Camden... wow!  As Aunt Kimmie & Aunt Kathy say "your kids do the funniest things and we just love your stories".  As I say back "I'm glad you find these things funny, you aren't on this side".  I'm sure the stories are funny and I do find myself laughing a lot, however some of the things that the almost 3 1/2 year old and almost 2 year old come up with are incredibly crazy, silly, and sometimes annoying.  We love them always!

The biggest news to share is that at 22 months, Cammie is potty trained!  YEAH - just before her 2nd birthday our little firecracker uses the big girl potty.  Although we haven't conquered #2 in the potty (not intentially anyway), we will still consider her potty trained - we use about 2 diapers a day (much better than 6+).  Cammie wants so badly to be like Owen, she loves her big brother.  While we are excited about the new skill of using the potty, these two have figured out a way to "fight" in the bathroom.  It goes like this (daily) -

M - "Owen, do you need to use the potty?"
O - "No, I don't."
M - "Cammie, do you need to use the potty?"
C - smiles, runs the bathroom
O - follows Cammie, practically knocking her over... "I need to use the potty first."
M - "Owen, you said you didn't need to pee... Cammie is using the potty, give her space and privacy."
O - throws a temper tantrum on the bathroom floor
C - "No.... NNNOOOOO.  My potty"


Owen has really grown into a big boy.  He loves his daddy... I like using the word daddy as it makes me feel like my little man is still "little".  Owen has a different thought on this.  It's DAD these days and I've turned into MOM.  While it sounds cute coming from his little mouth, he sounds much older.  One evening as Erik was working on a few things in the house, Owen was helping (literally with the drill and other manly items). 

Pop called and I yelled up the stairs "Owen, poppy is on the phone, do you want to talk?".  Owen's response "No mom, I'm working with my dad".  A few minutes later Aunt Dawn calls and I yell up the stairs knowing Owen will want to talk to Aunt Dawn (he rarely misses her call and calls her probably 5 times almost every day... we love our Aunt Dawn).  I said "Owen, Aunt Dawn is on the phone, do you want to talk?".  Owen's repsonse in a big boy annoyed tone "NO mom, I'm working with my dad right now".  Shortly after this exchange, they boys came downstairs.  Owen followed daddy (oops dad) to the garage and said "mom, stay back (pointed his finger at me), I'm working with my dad".  This just melted my heart... to cute!


A random Owen comment "Mom, I'm going to see what the milk is doing".  He opened the fridge, looked and closed the door.  This was a limited milk day, poor guy wanted his milk so badly.  What does he think milk does all day?'

I should share that Cammie is a talker, just like mommy and her brother.  I do wish she would start calling her brother "Owen or O or some variation of his name".  Instead, she insiste on calling him brother although her version is "bro".  Of course it's not as pronounced as I know you just read it but we are working on her saying O.  She's capable of saying his name as she can say "octapus" but she refuses.  Regardless, she is stringing two words together and will try to say anything.  Her favorite and most over used word "snack".  That she says clearly!

No comments: