What a weekend!
I conquered my 3rd half marathon in Pittsburgh with Kim and Greg (who I never saw all weekend except for 5 minutes at the Expo!)
Erik took Owen & Cammie to spend the weekend with Poppie while he enjoyed a Golf Tournament with his friends. After a morning at the park, Owen & Cammie got to experience 9-holes of golf. They spent a lot of time with Pop - in the garage to be specific. Owen loves tractors, scooters, mowers, tools, etc. He helped Pop changed the oil in the tractor among other things. Aunt Dawn came to play too.
Kim & I rocked the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. Okay - so Kim rocked it (1:59 41) and I just prayed that I could get myself across the finish line. I finished with my best time of 2:14 46 and kept 3 minutes ahead of my pace per mile for the first 10 miles and then it happened. I completely hit the wall, I started feeling very weak and my legs seriously didn't want to continue... so for the next 30 minutes I battled with my mind and body. This was disappointing for me as the last 3 miles can actually be fun and relaxing (yeah, I know - but it's true!). Oh well - I can't complain.... 2:15 was the goal and I managed to clear my goal by 15 seconds. Woop Woop!
17 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment