a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

November 27, 2010

In Honor of Thanksgiving

I thought this would be a perfect time to share a very special blessing.  One of my close friends in Charlotte shared a blessing she wrote about a month ago, she was reflecting back on a recent life group meeting. This is not a foward from tons of people, it's straight from the heart of a dear friend of mine.  I removed her childrens name and I'm sharing her blessings with you. It touches my heart as I read it and I hope it touches yours. May God continue to bless your life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friends,

Monday night at our life group meeting, we were asked how God had blessed us that day. At the time I struggled to think of one way God had been blessed me. However, after some thought on the subject, I can’t think of a way God has NOT blessed me today and every day.

This morning I got to wake up in the greatest country in the world, in a house, in a king-sized bed with blankets and sheets, next to a man who loves me. Then I got to go to my children’s rooms, where they were sleeping in their own warm beds, and dress them in clean clothes and new shoes. After that we went down to the kitchen which has cupboards and a refrigerator full of food, from which I made our breakfast and hot coffee…

Then I cleaned up the kitchen and put all the dirty dishes in my dishwasher, packed my son’s backpack with a snack and loaded everyone up in my car, which is full of gas, and drove to his school. After that my daughter and I went to the “Y” where she played with friends and I could take advantage of the large contribution we make every month to work off a few extra pounds that have relocated to the middle section of my body. (Too much food around to say no!)

After the “Y” we came home to the full stocked kitchen where I made lunch. Then my daughter took her nap while I took a warm shower with clean water and plenty of shampoo and soap. Then I dried off with a clean towel and put on clean clothes and dried my clean hair (that has six kinds of hair product in it before it’s all said and done.) I applied four different types of face cream followed by a full face of name brand make-up. (I’m still having a hard time seeing my blessings…)

Now that I look and smell good it was time to sit down at the kitchen table with a nice glass of ice tea and apply for some jobs on my new laptop which is hooked to the internet. After a few hours of that my daughter’s up from her nap, ready for another snack and some TV time on our 48” flat screen. I put a new load of clothes in my front load washer and put the clean clothes in the front load dryer.

It’s time to drive back to school and pick up my son, give him another snack and have play time at the park with some friends. Now that we’re all hot, sweaty, and hungry it’s time to get back in the car and drive home to make more food, produce more garbage, watch more TV, and give the kids a bath, read books and say our prayers before going back their warm bed for another peaceful night’s sleep.

I know my life is pretty uneventful and boring, but sometimes that is a blessing in itself. I could whine and complain about it, which I have been known to do on more than one occasion, but it doesn’t do anyone, especially me, any good. I think if we try to look at what God HAS given us instead of what he HASN’T, we might look at the world a little differently. I’m just sayin…..

Love your sister in Christ,
      (Jill - Steph's close friend)

No comments: