a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

a father, a mother, a son, a daugher, and a black lab. . .

November 18, 2010

Owen Turns FOUR!

It was this very special day, 4 years ago at 6:12am when we welcomed Owen into this world!  He was 8 pounds, 6 ounces and 20 1/4 inches tall.  Over the past four years, he has gained over 30 lbs and grew over 20 inches! 

Owen had one birthday request - a vacuum cleaner...here it is!

Owen has such an imagination and listens to (most) words we say, especially the really important ones!  Just this morning he was having a conversation with Cammie.  Owen:  "Cammie, it's my birthday and we can't eat junk food.  BUT I will give you some strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, oh and you can home special sugar free gum too."  Cammie didn't say a word, I'm not even sure she was listening but I heard the determination in his voice to make her understand the healthy food we would be eating.  Owen kneeling down to Cammie's level (she was sitting on the floor), "Cammie, do you understand what I am telling you.  No junk food today, only food that is good for your body." 

And then there are the few things that you wish he didn't hear.  Just this morning, from the back seat of the car (as they watch "Cars" on tv), Owen:  "Holy Sh*t".  Mom:  "Owen, where did you hear that from?" (I'm trying not to make a big deal).  Owen:  "Mater says it mom."  Mom:  "Really, Owen... on the moving Cars for kids, Mater says that?".  Owen:  "Mom, he says holy shoot.  Holy shoot, holy shoooot."  Mom:  "Ok, Owen."  I'm going to just let this one sit and hope it doesn't resurface!

Owen is the sweetest man I know.  He melts my heart everytime he looks at me and says "mom, I love you".  He usually says it with no agenda and yes, sometimes he says it when he finds himself in a little trouble.  Regardless of the timing, he spreads his love for us and hears the same encouraging words very often from mom and dad.  We love you Owen and we are so very proud of the little man you are growing to become.

Let's the birthday celebration begin!

Click to play this Smilebox invite
Create your own invite - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital invite created with Smilebox

1 comment:

melissa said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!!